Hello from England

• RE: Hello from England

MBZ 6 schrieb:

Hello Everyone

I have just joined this forum.

I would like to know if there are any large GTGs in Germany in 2009

Hi there,

there are several GTG´s in Germany for the W201.

One will be held on the end of May (Pfingsten) in Ornbau from the 29.05. to the 31.05. with classic Mercedes from the tailfins to the W201 and next year also the 124. Registration is necessary, for planning purposes, this year there were around 800 cars and approximatly 2.000 people in one small town. Next year they are participating 50 years tailfin´s.
      The next will be around the end of June 2009 from the W201 e.V. in Koblenz. It will be a two day meet, arrival on friday, leave on sunday.
      Also in June there may be a international Mercedes Benz meeting in Harsewinkel, where mostly newer models appear (I don´t have any dates yet).
      An other one ist from the 190er Freunde Deutschland e.V., which will take place in Hannoversch Münden from the 10.07. to the 12.07. .
      In August (if it takes place same time as this year) there will be the GTG of this forum.

There are meetings especially for the 16valve models. This year it took place at the end of June in Hockenheim. An other 16valve-meet took place in early August.

Normally the above mentioned meeting attract up to 100 car´s each, some more, some less.

Also there a lot of small meetings which take place within the year, where no dates are specified yet. Hope, this is what you wanted,

best regards,

Frank.
      Falsches Posten leichtgemacht: Nachdem ich die Suche, die FAQ´s und die Forenregeln erfolgreich ignoriert habe, erstelle ich zwei bis acht Threads in falschen Unterforen mit aussagefreiem Titel (idealerweise einfach "Hilfe!" ;) ), jeder Menge Ausrufezeichen und unverständlichem Text!

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von Petrolferrari ()

• Thanks for the info.

Sorry about the GTG I should have put Get Together to avoid confusion. A GTG is when a group of people with the same make or model of car arrange to meet. It can be 2 or 3 cars or it can be 100s of cars.

I am thinking of comming to Germany because I want to go to Botrop to see the Brabus factory, and if I could fit in a car meeting at the same time I could come over for a week.

The reason I want to go to the Brabus factory is because I have what is thought to be the only right hand drive Brabus 190 3.6 24v in the UK. It would also be fun to drive it on your motorways.
    • MBZ 6 schrieb:

The reason I want to go to the Brabus factory is because I have what is thought to be the only right hand drive Brabus 190 3.6 24v in the UK.

Cool, I like unique cars... (well, who doesn't?)

MBZ 6 schrieb:

It would also be fun to drive it on your motorways.

Well, don't get to excited, most of the highways are speedlimited. More than 130km/h will cost some € per km over the limit, but some 200km away from Bottrop is the Nordschleife, which should be also on your personal road trip and also the right environment for your 3.6. Last time, I`ve been there, I've seen a lot of british Porsches and some Nissan Turbos duel themselves.... Must have been around 10 or 12 cars... maybe even more. One stint costs around 16 Euro's and if there are no accidents, you can go more than one time. Sadly to say most of the times the motorbikes slip on oil spills, which ends in bad injuries or even fatality.
      Falsches Posten leichtgemacht: Nachdem ich die Suche, die FAQ´s und die Forenregeln erfolgreich ignoriert habe, erstelle ich zwei bis acht Threads in falschen Unterforen mit aussagefreiem Titel (idealerweise einfach "Hilfe!" ;) ), jeder Menge Ausrufezeichen und unverständlichem Text!
    • Some friends of mine are thinking of going to the Nurburgring next year they will be in TVR,s if you know what they are.

If I go it will be in my partners SLK 32 AMG she would not be happy if we went to the Nurburgring without her car. It would be to expensive to take the Brabus as well as the AMG.
    • Hi MBZ6,
      Nice to see you here :) , I don't know if you understand german but this is a pretty good 'site' and the lads here are very helpful, I have had a lot of help here with various probs. Ok I spent about thirty years in Germany and joined the site out there in about 2001, but since I've retired and moved back to UK I joined again as the 'sites' in UK don't get as much traffic as here, anyway enjoy your visit and I think most of the lads understand our lingo, and if you have any problem with 'understanding' feel free to Pn. me as I come on most days, Cheers for now, Barrie. :thumbup:
      Bazza 76
    • Hi Balamb 37

I dont speak German at all. What I have seen of the site is interesting and google helps with the German to English

As I said in my posts I may come to Germany next year It would be fun to take my Brabus 190E 3.6 24v back to the factory in its 20th year. I spoke to the Brabus factory a few years ago and they said I could have a tour of the factory.