Dennis' Diesel

• Dennis' Diesel

Hi!

Habe mal die Bilder von meinem 190D aktualisiert. Auf den Fotos sieht man erstmal meinen Diesel originool-hoch. Dann sind noch Fotos vom Tieferlegen und vom Endresultat dabei (man kann auch die Zink-Plättchen erkennen!). Dann gibt es noch Nachtaufnahmen von meinem Tacho und meiner Ausstiegsbeleuchtung, sowie meinem Motor ohne Ventikdeckel. Nochmal danke an Christian Martens für die tatkräftige Hilfe beim Tieferlegen.

Bilder und Daten meines 190D Viel Spaß beim Stöbern

cu Dennis
    • was ist das denn für ein abstrahlwinkel? und sind die ziffern nur auf den fotos so gelb,oder sieht das wirklich so aus? das stört mich nämlich etwas :( aber sonst hammer mäßig! muß doch mal nen kumpel fragen ob der mir das zusammenlötet :D
      "...I'm doin a hundred on the highway,so if you do the speed limit, get the fuk outta my way..."

• Hi!

Es sind neue Bilder meines *-chens online :]

Neuerungen:

Airbag Lederlenkrad in Brasil (39er) (Funktionstüchtig) 8)

Sportlinesitze in Brasil :D

4-fach eFH :))

Ältere Bilder gits hier:
      Bilder

Gruß Dennis

Nochmal ein großes Dankeschön an Steffen(P) der mir bei der Airbag-Nachrüstung und den nötigen Anpassungen wirklich super geholfen hat

PS: Kommentare erwünscht 8)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Dennis190D ()

• Jo Dennis,

ist dir doch gut gelungen.
      Haste denn nun auch mal Zeit meine Bestellungen auszuführen???
      Dann würde ich mich auch mal drüber freuen, ansonsten nehme ich dir beim nächsten Mal dein Schlüssel wieder weg! ;)

Naja, jetzt müssen wir nur noch testen ob der Airbag auch wirklich funzt... :D

Vielleicht sieht man sich ja nächste Woche wieder.

Gruß
      Thomas
      Sag nicht : "Ich werde..." Sag nicht: "Ich will..." Greife deine Werke an
      und handle still
    • Hello Dennis,

congrats on a very cool car!! I have a 1984 190D which I am in the process of modifying as well, and you have done a few of the upgrades I am planning to do (I already have most of the parts).

Was it hard to replace the shiftergate? I have the old one like you used to as well, and recently bought a new one to fit instead - the wood-piece doesn't fit with the old one as I am sure you know already... Anything I need to know before I rip out the old one and install the new one? I am also wondering whether you have replaced the lower centre console? There is a gap between my lower and higher centre console which I know isn't there on newer models... What kind of switches have you installed instead of the hazard-light and the speaker-fader? I notice you have moved your hazard light up on the dashboard, but cannot make out what the centre switch there is..

Also, did you have any difficulties installing the airbag? I have bought a complete airbag-set including the belt tensioners (which you had already), all wiring needed and the sensor - was this a fairly easy upgrade?

I also notice that you have installed Sportline-seats, which I think are new-style whereas your old ones were old-style (since your car is pre-facelift)? I have been told that these won't fit properly and that I should look for 16V-seats instead - what is your experience?

I am also on the lookout for a third brakelight and tempomat - any idea where I might find this? I have a complete aircondition, a fire extinguisher, a steel carter protection plate, new lowering springs, a complete set of plastic protection shield and bumpers (from after facelift), and electric sliding/tilting roof and a panorama-windshield wiper which I hope to install soon.. I have partially headlight washers as well.. I think I have something else as well, can't really remember..

My point is; You have done a lot of good work on your car - it looks awesome! If you have time to help me with my mods, I would be most grateful! :)

PS: Wenn Sie mein Englisch nicht verstehen, antworten Sie bitte auf Deutsch und ich übersetze es, wie gut ich kann. :)
      ::: Sven :::

• Hello!

The shiftergear is just turnes into a threat and tightened with an nut. So changing it isn't very difficult. ;)

Yes, I replaced the short middle console with a long middle console, which was available since 9/89.

With the center-switch on the dashboard I can switch between the normal light and UV-light (take a look at my signature)

On the left side of the mirror-switch (für both mirrors) is a switch to turn on the magnatic-fan to cool down the water. (for example in a traffic jam after a long time of high-speed)

for the right switch i haven't an idea at this time........

The airbag-update wasn't so difficult. You have to replace the crash-sensor and the install al the cables.....ist is done in just one day, if there aren't any problems. But there is one part the "Lenkstockschalter" which has to be replaces with one for airbag. but I'm still serching such an stick.

Yes, my car is pre-facelift, but the seats are from 92. I brought the seats to a saddler, who created new covers like i wanted them :) (design pre-facelift)

I only changed the front seats. The changing of the frontseats is no problem. but the backseats have been modified during facelift. When you buy seats by an 2,3-16V (pre-facelift) there are no problems :)
      But the seats after facelift are a little bit better.

A third Backlight you can buy for example from Hella. It is available in every good car-shop.

you can take the original tempomat from your MB dealer or you take one from another producer and steer the tempomat with the original MB-tempomat-stick which is cheaper.

greets Dennis

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Dennis190D ()

• Hi Dennis,

I was thinking of the shiftergate itself, not just the shifterknob - the arrow points at what I mean :) I bought a complete updated one for my own car, but I think I have to disconnect it on the underside of the car to get the old one out?

Very good idea to have a switch for the fan - god knows the engine gets extremely warm if it is driven hard during summertime! :)

I bought a complete airbag and seatbelt set (my car doesn't have seatbelt-restraints from factory), and the contact ring and different style Lenkstockschalter was included - I hope I won't have any problems with that install then! :)

Did you have your seats custom made? If I may ask, how much did it cost you? You haven't upgraded your rear seat (yet?), have you? How was the rear seat changed after the facelift? It doesn't fit?

I checked the price for a 3rd brakelight new from MB, and it really wasn't that expensive so I bought it - the console didn't arrive in time though, so I left it all in the Netherlands for now (will bring it home next time)...

I haven't found proper Tempomat-parts yet - I know now that there are different control units for petrol and diesel models, but I am not sure whether there are more variants... Did your car have Tempomat from factory?

• Hi Sven!

Original von Surf Blau
      Hi Dennis,

I was thinking of the shiftergate itself, not just the shifterknob - the arrow points at what I mean :) I bought a complete updated one for my own car, but I think I have to disconnect it on the underside of the car to get the old one out?

I just changed the wood. The shiftergear ist still the same. ..ok ok...i admit i was lazy :D

Very good idea to have a switch for the fan - god knows the engine gets extremely warm if it is driven hard during summertime! :)

I bought a complete airbag and seatbelt set (my car doesn't have seatbelt-restraints from factory), and the contact ring and different style Lenkstockschalter was included - I hope I won't have any problems with that install then! :) If you have any problems mail me 8)

I haven#t finished my airbag-project jet, because it's too cold outside ;) but if you have all the parts you need it isn't really difficult.

Did you have your seats custom made? If I may ask, how much did it cost you? You haven't upgraded your rear seat (yet?), have you? How was the rear seat changed after the facelift? It doesn't fit?

My frontseats are custom made. They are from the model after 89 but have the pattern of the seats before 89 :D
      I won't upgrade my rear seats because I am the driver ande the rear seats arent so important :D Perhaps if i get the rear sportseats very sheap......

The rear seats after 89 are a bit shorter than the one before 89. The front sportseats have been faceliftet so that they are better. But they fit in all w201 models.

I checked the price for a 3rd brakelight new from MB, and it really wasn't that expensive so I bought it - the console didn't arrive in time though, so I left it all in the Netherlands for now (will bring it home next time)...

I haven't found proper Tempomat-parts yet - I know now that there are different control units for petrol and diesel models, but I am not sure whether there are more variants... Did your car have Tempomat from factory?

yes, i have tempomat by factory. some little parts are different between the 190D and 190E, but the expensive parts are the same ;) You need the little tempmat-stick, the control divice and the motor which ajust the gas. And the Modell-specific parts, too. You can use a tempomat by VDO too, which you can steer by the original-MB stick.

greets Dennis
    • Original von Dennis190D

I just changed the wood. The shiftergear ist still the same. ..ok ok...i admit i was lazy :D

Hehe, no need in changing something that doesn't need to be changed ;) But how the heck did you make it fit?? As you can see, the shiftergate is far from being the proper size for my woodpiece:

I haven#t finished my airbag-project jet, because it's too cold outside ;) but if you have all the parts you need it isn't really difficult.

Well, knowing my car I expect it to be a lot of work nevertheless :P I think it is a big advantage to have the new-style electrics when retrofitting stuff ;)

My frontseats are custom made. They are from the model after 89 but have the pattern of the seats before 89 :D
      I won't upgrade my rear seats because I am the driver ande the rear seats arent so important :D Perhaps if i get the rear sportseats very sheap......

The rear seats after 89 are a bit shorter than the one before 89. The front sportseats have been faceliftet so that they are better. But they fit in all w201 models.

You know, I couldn't really figure out your seats! Now that I know you had them custom-made it explains it a lot :D I need to look for front sport seasts after the facelift then! ;)

yes, i have tempomat by factory. some little parts are different between the 190D and 190E, but the expensive parts are the same ;) You need the little tempmat-stick, the control divice and the motor which ajust the gas. And the Modell-specific parts, too. You can use a tempomat by VDO too, which you can steer by the original-MB stick.

You mean parts like the Steuergerät and Stellglied are the same on 190Es and 190Ds? If that is correct, it should be a lot easier to find parts! ;) I will start to look for VDO-parts as well if they will fit :) I bought the handle a long time ago, but I think I need a new plastic cover for the column (Nabe) to make it fit...

Thanks for answering all my questions, and keep up your good work! :)

Sven
      greets Dennis