2.3-16 Troubleshooting, Help me Please!!!

• 2.3-16 Troubleshooting, Help me Please!!!

Hello,
      (I prefer to write in english, my german is very bad)

I have a 190 E 2.3-16 86's model.
      I have a big problem, she refuse to start. I have no manuals for this car and it's non avaible in shops.
      I can't find the problem, ignition and fuel injection are correct.

Can you help me?

Guilhem
    • Hey Dude...

Hello to Canada.
      I was in British Columbia, Vancouver and in Calgary last year It was really beautiful. So nice to meet you here. But back to your problem. I dont know why nobody answered your question! Probably their english is even worse than mine..... ?( . I cant help you because I have a 190D and no expierences with a 2.3 Gasoline W201.......
      Okay, no its up to our experts I hope someone is reading this and will help you. I will make a call in german.....

But your description was not very good....perhaps you can give us more details....like the starter is running or something else.....

Hey leute, an Fachkompetenz kanns ja nicht liegen und wir beeinflussen hier die kanadische Meinung über Deutsche....also seht mal zu das wir ihm helfen können......Sind doch so ein nettes Forum!!!!

Paul
      Wer später bremst, bleibt länger schnell!! 8)
    • Hy Paul,

I am desperate, thank you for your answer.
      I have just become member of w201.com, and I does not want to appear opportunist.
      I was registered here because I like Mercedes,not to solve my problem.
      Unfortunately, there is the problem of the language, my German is very bad.(my English is acceptable, but my language is French).

To return to my history, my 190 refuses to start, the gasoline arrives, ignition is goob, the starter turns normally.What I seek, it is of the assistance to test electric or electronic parts( Fuel relay, throttle, fuel distributor.)
      But without manual's values, it's impossible.

If you know somebody who can help me, thank you to put to me in contact with him.

See you soon.

Thank you

Guilhem ;)
    • Salut Guilhem

Mhhh that sounds serious....... :(

Mechanical problems are solved quite easily. So its very difficult to fix the electronical system by yourself. So dont you have a friend with a shop???? Who could check your electicity??? There are lots of manuals in germany. Perhaps you should search in the internet for a english manual.....
      Normally german cars are well-known for their durability, but everthing is changing...now the japanese cars with less technic and electronic have the highest durability....its a shame.......

Au revoir

Paul
      Wer später bremst, bleibt länger schnell!! 8)
    • Hallo Paul,

I search manuals since 8 months, but 2.3-16 and 2.5-16 are specials models.
      None manual are avaible for this model, the only manual is "the mercedes-benz workshop manual ".
      Mercedes-Benz dealears in Europe refused to sold this manual,then this one is avaible in USA on "MERCEDES W201 CD ROM REPAIR" unfortunately is not imported any more.

The solution is thus to know somebody who work at Mercedes and which can make a copy of this handbook.

Unfortunately, I do not know anybody.

Danke für deine Hilfe und dein Interesse!

Guilhem
    • Hi Guilheim,

well I'm not a mechanic so I can only guess what your car's problem could be. If I were you I'd check the fuel relay. I once heard that this part causes trouble after all the years.
      I'd go and look for a part-dealer that orders the part for you and let's you try it in your car. If it doesn't get any better, he'll probably let you give it back. Maybe there is a nice dealer around.
      If you have enough money, I'd probably take it to a dealership (Mercedes-Benz) and let them do all the work. I don't know how expensive labor is in Canada but if there's no way to get it fixed by yourself...
      Gott schütze uns vor Sturm & Wind und vor Autos, die aus Bayern sind!
    • Hi,
      It's probably the best solution, but I am in France with my car since approximately 1 year (for my work) and mercedes dealers refused to establish a diagnosis with an estimate.

They want only to carry out repairs but do not have any idea of what that will cost, its incredible!!!!!!!!!
      I am a mechanic, but I don't know Mercedes cars very well,but I never saw that elsewhere

I ordered a book at "Mercedes-Benz classic" in Stuttgart which should help me to solve my problems, finally, I hope for it .

Danke an allen................

Freundschaftlich

Guilhem
    • Hallo tu peus quand même aller à Guilhem, lorsque tu es quand même en France un jour peu en Allemagne. Peut-être à Stuttgart, ou à proximité de la frontière un Mercedes - à des commerçants. Ceux t'aident de destination - beaucoup de chance.

Salutation, Raoul

PS : excuse, mais mon n'est pas français si bon - je l'ai essayé malgré tout.
      Man muss schon etwas wissen, um verbergen zu können, dass man nichts weiss."