National Mercedes-meeting in Norway this summer!

• National Mercedes-meeting in Norway this summer!

In the weekend of 28-30th of May 2004, the place to be for all Mercedes-enthusiast is in Gol, Norway! This weekend the Norwegian Mercedesclub MB Entusiastklubb will arrange their annual Mercedes-meeting here!

Combine your favourite hobby with a nice holiday in Norway! Gol is located in the central part of South Norway (see map), and most routes here offers a chance to see the most of Norways characteristic nature.

The Mercedes-meeting will be held in cooperation of URL=http://www.pers.no/]Pers Hotel[/URL]. Prices for accomodation will be released on a later date. All accomodation is taken care of by each participant.

The price of the actual Mercedes-meeting is not yet released, but will most likely be in the range of 50€. Earlier years this has included a joint dinner on Saturday evening. Below you will find some pictures from the Mercedes-meeting arranged by MB Entusiastklubb in 2002 and 2003.

Steve and Mike came along from the Netherlands in Steve's heavily modified C250D - he won the trophee for best modified car for this!

We visited a site built for the Winter-Olympics in '94 as well - Astonishing view from the top of this!

A pic from my drive up to Gol

'95 W124 E220 with E500 front AND rear fenders, front bumper etc.. It also has a dual exhaust rear muffler and future plans are bigger engine and modified E500 rear bumper..

W124 E500 with Brabus modifications - latest investment was a full Brabus interior.

::: Sven :::

• A rough and preliminary schedule for the weekend in question has now been released:

Friday
      18 – 20 Registration
      20 - ? Barbeque and socializing

Saturday
      07 – 10 Breakfast and preparation of cars before show
      10 – 16 Show and acitivites (For everyone)
      16 – 17 Cruising and parking
      20 – 22 Formal dinner and awards ceremony
      22 – ?? Festivities

Sunday
      12 - 14 Clubmeeting and election

Friday evening has been set aside to social activities. Relax after a long journey and get to know other enthusiasts! Norwegians are known to be a bit reserved, but this is usually all forgotten in events like this! :D

Saturday is fully booked with the three-pointed star, with the show and dinner later on as the definite highlights! During the show judges and publics will nominate cars for various awards (categories yet not released), and the awards will be handed out during dinner in the evening.

Sunday has activities for members of the club only, with the annual clubmeeting and election of new board.

Hope to see as many of you as possible there! ;)

• The prices for the GTG has been released now - they are all in Norwegian Kroner (NOK) since our currency is devaluating every day now!! :rolleyes:

The fee for participating at the GTG is NOK 550,- and this covers all club-events and the three-course dinner (drinks excluded) Saturday evening. The fee for wives, girlfriends, children, etc is NOK 375,-
      To register for the GTG, please fill in the form on this page: Registration. Don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or need help to register! :)

Here are some revised prices for accomodation:

Pers Hotel:

NOK 1.500,- pr. person single room/weekend incl. room/breakfast
      NOK 950,- pr. person double room/weekend incl.room/breakfast
      NOK 200,- Children 4-16 year in same room as parents
      NOK 400,- "Children" over 16 years in same room as parents.
      Children less than 4 years FREE. Children's bed NOK 150,- for each.
      Suites and family rooms at extra cost.

Pers Motel:

NOK 900,- pr. person single room/weekend incl. room/breakfast
      NOK 1200,- pr. person double room/weekend incl. room/breakfast
      NOK 200,- Children 4-16 year in same room as parents
      NOK 400,- "Children" over 16 years in same room as parents.

Cabins/apartments

NOK 900,- 4 bed cabin in Pers hyttepark/weekend
      NOK 1.400,- 4 bed apartment Pers Apartments/Bruket Apartments
      NOK 1.500,- 5 bed studio apartment in Bruket
      NOK 1.900,- 6 bed apartment in Pers Apartments
      NOK 2.100,- 5 bed apartment in Dalen
      Bedsheets/towels and cleaning at extra cost.

For booking of accomodation, phone: +47 32 023100, and use the code "SCV" to achieve these prices :)

• Just heard that there will be prices in many different classes - and apparently the W124-class is tough!! ;)

Time moves fast and it is now only 2 months until it goes down!! We've already booked nice weather for the weekend in question, and apparently there will be quite a turn-out! I'm really looking forward to this now!! 8)

• Achtung! I just learned that the final date for registering was April 15th! If you are interested in coming along you must register on the club-website before or on this date in other words! :)

Please let me know if you are interested, but don't know how to register, or you have questions, etc... :)

• Hi Sven,

i would like to come with a friend, but I don´t know if I got my new car till the meeting starts (i don´t want to come with my stock w201;)). Is it possible to register later?

Regards,
      Olli

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Olli ()

• In the two previous years there was always room for more people who registered late - I'm quite sure you can attend the meeting no matter how late you register, but there might be a problem with the dinner-reservation then... I advice you to post a question about this on the club-forum about this, if you do not want to do this, please let me know and I will do it for you / help you with it :)

Steve from the Netherlands has confirmed that he will be there. Mike from the Netherlands as well as Petter from Germany (mercedes-forum.com) and a member here has posted their interest, and might be there as well - it would be cool if there was a massive international turnout, and I really think you guys would enjoy the Norwegian atmosphere (nature, people, etc)! :)

• It would be nice if you ask for me. I took a view at the hp, but my norwegian is really bad;(

I know that Petter joins the meeting, I talked with him about driving together. Are you guys all staying in hotels or is it possible to camp there?

Regards,
      Olli
    • I think there is a camping-site there as well - but the best thing to do if you are a group of people, is to rent a cabin (I'm staying with 5 others from the local club-department) with room for several (see earlier posts for details)...

I will post a question on the forum regarding the registration-date and let you know what the reply is :)

• Ich hab Reisefieber und würde jetzt doch gerne zum Treffen nach Norwegen, also wenn sich jemand aus der Köln/Bonner Gegend findet, der Lust hat mitzufahren, könnte man sich die Spritkosten ggfs. auch Verschiffungskosten/Maut teilen. Ich würde gerne im Motel übernachten, denke das ist preislich noch akzeptabel. Also wenn jemand Lust hat auf einen tollen Trip, dann sagt bald bescheid,

am besten per E-Mail an: MarkusRodi@w201.com
      (Punkt oder nicht Punkt in der E-Mail-Adi bin ich mir jetzt nicht sicher)

Gruß,

Markus
      IN TIEFER TRAUER UND ANTEILNAHME AM TOD MEINES 199er metallic MERCEDES 190 D 2.0,
      Geboren: 01.01.1990,
      Gestorben: 26.02.2005,
      durch einen schweren Unfall starb er, im Alter von nur 15 Jahren! Er war ein fleissiger, treuer und stets zuverlässiger Weggefährte, allein in meinem Besitz über 7,5 Jahre lang! ;(;(;(
      Sein letzter Kilometerstand betrug ca. 278 TKM. Und er wollte noch soooo lange zu mir gehören!

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von MarkusR190D ()

• Original von uwe2,6
      moin
      ich habe das teffen angefahren und war begeistert.
      super nette leute und erstklassige autos.
      mfg.uwe

Hallo Uwe,

Ich bin froh, zu hören, daß Sie eine gute Zeit hatten! Es war wirklich ein Vergnügen, das Sie dort hat, und Ihr Auto schaute Super! Ich hoffe, Sie eine nette Reise zum Haus außerdem hatten (ich denke, daß Sie planten, durch Schweden zu fahren?)! :)

Viele grüsse
      Sven